How to Make Cauliflower Rice
- 1 (or more) head(s) of organic cauliflower
- food processor or hand-held grater
- sandwich size freezer bags
TO MAKE THE CAULIFLOWER RICE:
- Grab cauliflower and make sure there are no brown or black spots on it. If so, remove with a paring knife.
- Rip the leaves off of the bottom.
- Cut the cauliflower in half and cut the florets off from core until you are left with just the core.
- Discard the core and break up the florets into somewhat evenly sized pieces.
- Place florets in bowl of food processor in batches. Process until evenly chopped but not completely pulverized.
- Remove rice to a large bowl and continue processing florets in batches until all florets are “riced”. Alternately, you could use a hand grater but I imagine it would take quite a bit of time. Grab a measuring cup (I like to freeze 2 cup portions) and some sandwich sized bags (preferably freezer bags even though I took a picture of the non-freezer ones.)
- Once you fill your baggies, press the cauliflower flat to be sure to remove the excess air and make storing in the freezer easier.